OK, it’s not true, but I made you look!!Obama Orders Guantánamo Prisoners Transferred To Next President April 13, 2011 | ISSUE 47•15
President Obozo has a problem. He has to run on his record. He’s never held a position long enough for there to be a record to review – and when he sort of has had a record to run on (as a Senator that did not finish his term), he’s simply moved on. His record on Gitmo speaks for itself – and encapsulates his foray into Supreme Executive-ship.
He has repeatedly made dogmatic and unequivocal policy statements based on no knowledge of the realities involved. His arrogance is shocking – it is as if he skimmed a report, determined he had all the necessary facts, makes policy, then someone points out “well, in paragraph two here, it clearly notes that…” and he has to recant, ignore, distract or obfuscate.
If he could officially transfer Gitmo’s prisoners to the next president, he would.
- Have the Spooks Finally Admitted to Congress They’ve Been “Exploiting” Gitmo Detainees as Spies? (emptywheel.firedoglake.com)
- Reality Intrudes into Barry’s Idealism (globalexclaimer.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s new Gitmo policy is a lot like Bush’s old policy (cricketmarie.wordpress.com)
- Obama can’t close Guantanamo (politics.ie)
- Gitmo: Open Indefinitely, Ctd (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)